Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow day

I really loved this ted talk. It really hit home for me, because I have always been a nature person. I have always loved to explore creeks and look at every kind of living animal and think they are all cute. I climbed trees and could sit in them for hours, or could stay on the beach from morning to night. I can't kill bugs and I will go out of my way to take them outside. I love watching the clouds and the sunset and especially the stars (which I will really miss in new york next year).
My favorite part of this talk was the old man who talked about living each day as if it was you first and your last, and then it will have really been a good day. Watching the beautiful images and hearing him say this really made a feeling of peace settle over me. It made me want to be better, and to forget the hurts of my past and live for the happiness of the present. It is often hard to stick with this mantra, but it is good when ideas like that can resonate within you and encourage you to follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment