I think Pope Francis is trying to do great things with the Church. Society has been moving forward at a rate much faster than the Catholic Church has ever followed in the past, and too often I hear the excuse that "things have always been done that way". Pope Francis is advocating for the inclusion of women, a better look at the poor and why they are impoverished, and an open and accepting attitude for all Catholics to adopt in general.
Change cannot be accomplished without an open mind, and I think Pope Francis has one of the most open minds of any Popes we have yet had. I don't see much relation between this document and our society's consumerism, but I suppose changing this attitude is one of the ways we can approach the foundation of poverty. We can also use his views on being open-minded to change to try to fix this skewed view of life's priorities and materialism.
No comments:
Post a Comment