Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Way

I really loved the movie "The Way." I liked the idea of taking an immersive trip to Europe, being a part of nature, and experiencing the people and the food on a long journey. I also am a nature lover, and think the beauty of the walk would be almost overwhelming. I think everyone can benefit from taking some sort of retreat or pilgrimage to really get in touch with themselves, their values, and their goals in life. I think each pilgrim's goal changed along the journey from doing something with a specific purpose, to realizing some real burden they were carrying and attempting to heal themselves for their own sake. They searched within themselves to let allow themselves to be healed, and consciously gave up the burdens they were carrying. i think the lesson we can learn from this movie is that healing comes from the self, just as the purpose of the Camino is to walk it for ones self.

No comments:

Post a Comment